Customized to Meet Your Needs
Each of our wash bay curtains can be customized to fit the specific needs of your business.
Here are the standard features and options for a QSD wash bay curtain:
- 18oz. Vinyl Coated Fabric
- Inherently Flame Resistant
- Mildew and Rot Resistant
- Ultraviolet Resistant
- 1975mm (62″) Wide
- Tensile-grab-lbs. 290 x 290
- Tear Strength – Tonnage-lbs 110 x 110
- Trapezoid Team-lbs 80 x 60
- Adhesion – 35 lbs per inch
- Mullens Burst – over 300 psi
- Model #300 16 gauge galvanized steel track, roll formed to 36mm wide x 30mm high with continuous slot in bottom.
- Curtain carrier – #342 nylon wheel or #344 steel ball bearing carriers, spaced 305mm (12”) o.c. with 25mm (1”) swivel hook.
- Track splice – #322 galvanized steel track splice at each track joint.
- End stops – #304 galvanized steel end stops at each dead end of curtain track.
- Radius curves – #334 galvanized steel curves, prefabricated to 610mm (24”) radius, to suit track layout. Provide complete with track connectors to attach to straight runs of track.
- Suspension hardware – #323 threaded rod hangers at each end of track and a maximum spacing of 1800mm (72”) o.c.
- Track to be rigidly suspended from building structure by 10mm (3/8”) diameter threaded rod hangers.
- Curtain to be manufactured in 18 oz. per square yard inherently flameproofed to CAN/ULC-S109 & NFPA-701 vinyl coated fabric “SAMPSON” colour, as distributed by QSD Inc.
- Heading – 76mm (3”) double reinforced, heat welded.
- Provide #2 brass grommets in heading at 305mm (12”).
- Side hems – 25mm (1”) double reinforced, heat welded.
- Panel joints are to be heat welded.
- Bottom hem – 127mm (5”), heat welded. Insert into hem a continuous jack chain.
- Fabricate curtain to clear finished floor by 25mm (1”).
- Check all dimensions and methods shown on the drawings on the site, before fabrication.
- Prior to all work of this section, carefully inspect the installed work of all other trades and verify that all such work is complete to the point where the installation may properly commence.
- Verify that materials will be installed in accordance with the original design and the manufacture’s recommendations.
- In the event of discrepancy, immediately notify the consultant.
- Execute work of this section using skilled tradesman.
- Rigidly support track using ceiling or hanging clamps.
- Install drapery track to underside of structure using manufacturer’s recommended fasteners and to suit installation and to withstand all superimposed loading. Verify with consultant method of attachment existing structure.
- Install all curtains and track for a smooth rigid installation.